Friday, October 14, 2011

Funky Holiday Color Themes and Changing Ribbon Colors to Match


A while back we needed to fill in a spot on our Valentine display board.  I took this great Layered Heart (I-696) that Michael Trent created and put it on a different background paper (sorry Michael but we needed a different color scheme).  I love, love the coloring and layering he did!  Who says Valentines have to be red and white?   I took the black with white dot ribbon and colored the dots to match the ones on the paper. It's a little hard to see in the photograph, but quite a nice touch when you see the actual card.

Then I took the Wide Pumpkin Outline(G-1092) and Witch's Hat Outline(H-1090) that I had colored and put them on a background paper that was not so traditional. 
 
Both of these papers came from the Graphic 45 paper pad Le Cirque.  There are some nice papers in this pack, don't be afraid of the clowns!  These are double sided papers and there are some very traditional designs on the other sides.
Changing the ribbon colors has become fun for me at the moment.  Don't feel limited to ribbon colors just as you see them.

We have several shear ribbons in different colors that have white dots on them. These dots can be colored in with Copic markers to coordinate you color scheme. To go one step further, dot them with Pearl Pens. Wow, does this add a great dimension to the ribbon and your card!






The red/green and black/orange ribbons were
done  with Pearl Pens on both sides.  It's very stunning for a bow or just a border on a card, which is what I did on the pumpkin card.  I dotted gold pearl pen onto a brown ribbon. 

A helpful hint.... tape your ribbon down when doing this to keep it from jumping around.
Next week I'm hoping to give you some brief instruction for the pumpkin card using Smooch Paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment