Friday, October 21, 2011

Eat Drink & Be Scary Jack-O-Lantern

I told you last week I would give you some brief instuctions for the Jack 'O Lantern Card.  We
designed the pumpkin and the hat especially to be used for Zentangle but it is also great for just
coloring in.  By the way if you haven't tried Zentangle, take a look at, it's lot's of fun.  Go to instructions
on our site and scroll down to Halloween Zentangle to get an idea of what can be done with these
imanges.  Our posy stamps are also great for this!  We have Zentangle books on our site for purchasing.
This time I decided that I wanted to play with Smooch Paints.  If you haven't tried them I think you are missing out.  They give a nice mettallic look.  They are especially good for small areas.  The tiny brush that comes with it is great for getting into small areas, but as you can see they cover large areas as well.
The hat was painted with Tuxedo (black), Grape Soda (purple) for the band and the buckle was done with Sundance.  The pumpkin was blended with the color Pumpkin and Sundance.  I really did not know that you could blend Smooth but it worked well to create a little shading.  The leaf  was done with Apple Green.  Jack's face was done with Tuxedo.  I used Smooch's Top Coat over the Tuxedo on the hat to give it a slight sparkle look.  This Top Coat can be used over any of you coloring to give a subtle sparkle.  It creates a nice effect.  Try it on butterflies and dragonflies.  The star was colored with Tombow markers and glitter added.
The moon was punched from a Marvy 2 1/8" punch. I used colored card stock and added glitter
after I stamped the saying.  Once again I used paper from the Graphic 45 paper pack Le Cirque for the striped background and layered it onto black card stock and Bazzill Copper.
Again I applied dots of  Pearl Pen (gold) to the ribbon.  I'm really liking this little technique, it really
brings your ribbon to life.  Dimensional Silicone was used to raise to hat in the middle. The ends were glued down with The Ultimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment