Saturday, January 21, 2012

Christmas Extended Again

Well, I'm still working on sprucing up our display tree of Ornament Toppers, so that's what I have to show again this week.  I'm still creating with the Poinsettia and Holly Toppers, there are so many directions to go with these.  I've never made any out of printed paper, so I felt the need to go in that direction.  I just did not want the normal Christmas colors, so I went back to my Graphic 45 Le Cirque paper pad.  I chose the one pictured which is not very characteristic of Christmas, but I like the way it came out.
I had embossed one in gold and one in black sparkle, not knowing which way I would like it.  I thought the gold would not stand out enough.  When it came time to place it on an ornament I liked the subtle color of the gold embossing.  This meant I had the black embossed one left and rather than discarding it
I made it into a card not even intended for Christmas. Kind of funky, but funky can be fun.
One other addition was softening the edges of the solid color paper with Viva's Paper Soft -Stone Grey.  Working on these toppers I've come up with some new hints that I will share with you throughout the year.  Last week and this week on the toppers I gave them stamped images and a coat of Crystal Lacquer before cutting them out.  Try this, you will be pleased with the results.

(1) Embossing will not chip when cutting out.
(2) The finished project will be much more durable than just plain cardstock.  It will give it a glossy
     finish that is also pliable and does not crack.
That's it for now, back to the stamp room!
 Kathy

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Shows how versatile various paper lines can be when combined with Outlines stamps and your imagination, Kathy! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both the ornament and the beautiful and funky card ! It's wonderful that the topper images work for cards as well !

    ReplyDelete