Thursday, September 2, 2010

Smooching our Halloween Outline images!

"Is summer really over? That's hard to believe when the weather is predicted to be
94 degrees tomorrow. I think I've played hooky long enough, back to the the
stamp room.


Have you all seen our new Halloween Outline stamps? They were designed to be used for Zentangling. Check them out on our website!


I wanted to make sure this wasn't the only way they were shown, so I switched gears
to fall and Halloween. I love Halloween except for the fact that cold weather is
around the corner.


I decided that I would give this a try with just Smooch paints. It was a little challenging, but I liked the results. I used 2 colors for the pumpkin, which I had not tried before. First I painted with the color Pumpkin, and before this coat was dry I went over it with the color Sundance. The result was a more streaky appearance and of course the smooch gives a great iridescent look. The other colors I used were Tuxedo, Grape Soda, Apple Green and Gold Lame'. I found
the Tuxedo to be a little flat so I went over it the the Smooch topcoat, which adds a nice
sparkle. The Gold was a little light so I did 2 coats. I also added a light sprinkling
of yellow glitter to the star after coloring it. P.S. His name is Sam."

No comments:

Post a Comment